This walk has been sponsored by India Heritage Walks, which is a subsidiary organisation of Sahapedia (An Open Encyclopedia on Indian Culture and Heritage).
Reading about princesses, Begums and Empresses of Mughal empire, it is always fascinating to learn about their contribution and accomplishments. Be it Khanzada Begum, Mumtaz Mahal, Noor Jahan or Jahanara Begum, the women were all, right from beginning, some of the most cultured and educated of their age. As for the physical evidence of Mughal ambition and glory, Agra is fairly studded with examples of their vision, in sandstone and marble.
Join us on this heritage walk around Miriam Tomb as we would visit the mausoleum of Mariam-uz-Zamani, the Queen consort of the Mughal Emperor Akbar and talk about other Begums and princesses of Mughal empire and try to understand their contributions and influence on city’s cultural heritage.
Register at: https://goo.gl/forms/dYwXG1yzUTgJ6tze2
This guided tour is free.
Date – Sunday, 27th January 2019
Duration- 7:00 am to 9:00 am
Meeting time- 6: 45 am
Meeting point- Miriam Tomb, Agra
Walk led by Anal Jha
Medium: Bilingual (English/ Hindi)
Things to keep in mind:
Contact at: 9661280738 (Anal)
Email us: email@example.com
• Authorized parking available at the meeting point. Parking charges (if any) needs to paid
by the participant.
• Please do not carry too many valuable and food items to not attract monkeys.
• In order to enter the temple and the mosque, it is advisable to wear clothes that are
fully covering. Also, cover your heads in these sacred spaces.
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes and carry water.
• You may carry your cameras and notebooks.
• Entry fees to the monument are to be borne by the participant.